*** OPEN NOW: 2016 call for funding applications ***
Pro Helvetia Johannesburg has for some time been investing in transnational collaborations, exchanges and joint projects among organisations and creative practitioners operating across the SADC region, with support from the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). Our investments are focused on projects, networks and platforms that have a shared interest in building a stronger regional creative fabric.
Ant funding addresses two different types of initiative through micro-grants:
Ant Project Funding
for transnational initiatives involving collaboration, exchange and mobility of artists and work (up to ZAR 77 500/US$ 5000)
See below to apply
Ant Research Residencies
enabling research, networking and project development (up to ZAR 62 000/US$ 4000)
Visit this page to apply
ANT Project funding
The primary focus of this funding is to assist in the distribution of new and existing works to a broader Southern African audience and to enable transnational collaboration and sharing of knowledge and expertise. Projects will be supported for up to a maximum of ZAR 77 500.00/US$ 5000 and applicants are encouraged to seek additional funding from other sources.
Projects should meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply
- Funds should be used towards arts & culture projects within Southern Africa (Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Seychelles, Tanzania (including Zanzibar), Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe).
- Projects which provide increased public exposure of high quality contemporary work across national borders (e.g. presentation of an Angolan work in South Africa and Zimbabwe); AND / OR
- Projects which involve or promote exchange and collaboration in or between countries within Southern Africa AND / OR
- Projects which involve the sharing or transfer of skills between professionals across the region.
- All projects should be completed by end December 2016.
Pro Helvetia Johannesburg does not support
- Commercial or profit-oriented projects
- Training of non-professionals
- Formal education programmes or course fees
- Video/film production (though will support content development for digital/on-line distribution)
- Generally artists’ fees are not covered, but can be considered in exceptional circumstances.
How to apply
- Applications must be made using the downloadable Application Form on the right.
- Completed applications must be emailed to Pro Helvetia Johannesburg regional(at)prohelvetia.org.za
- Your emailed application should include the words “ANT project funding application APRIL 2016” in the subject line.
- Submission deadline: 08 April 2016
- Outcome announced: 22 April 2016