The Deutsche Bank Awards for Creative Enterprise (DBACE) offers final year arts students and first year graduates the chance to win £10,000 to invest in their creative ideas and kick-start their career.
Applications for DBACE open on Monday, January 16, 2017. To apply, students need to submit a DBACE plan – a project/business plan that outlines their creative project.
Why encourage students to apply?
With 50% of the creative workforce self-employed, graduates need to know how to both value their work and gain support – which is where DBACE comes in. Applying for the Award provides students with a platform to turn their ideas into a plan and pitch for investment. And if they win, they’ll get the crucial funding and profile they need to launch their project.
How can you help your students win an Award?
To increase your university’s chances of having a winning student, follow these action points:
- Promote the Award – Share information with other tutors, print outposters/flyers, and share our new film with your students
- Deliver a presentation – download and deliver our DBACE presentation aimed at students
- Host a previous winner – invite a previous DBACE winner to speak to your students. Simply email us at the address below
- Share online resources – our new Guide to Writing a DBACE plan is available to support students as they prepare their application
- Offer feedback – offer one-to-ones to potential applicants, supporting them through the process
- Keep in touch – Sign-up to our next hour-long webinar for universities on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 – 11am. We’ll take you through what we’re looking for in a winning application, and answer any questions you have.
You can also get in touch with the DBACE team at email@example.com
Please make your students aware of this fantastic opportunity that could kick-start their creative careers. Thank you for your support.
Key dates for your diary
- Applications open – Monday, January 16, 2017
- Application deadline – Sunday, March 12, 2017
- Shortlist announced – Monday, April 12, 2017
- Pitching day and awards ceremony – Wednesday, May 17, 2017